Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Mark of Irrationality

The other day I had to go to work around 1 o'clock.  I pulled out of my street on to a fairly busy street where the speed limit is 35 mph.  However, there is a school across the street so when children are present the speed limit drops down to 25 mph.  I was running late to work so I drove down the street according to the usual speed limit of 35 mph and wasn't paying attention to my speedometer what so ever.  As i got to the first light I could see on the right hand side, 6 cops on motorcycles with their binocular radars were picking out specific people to check their speed. 
When the light turned green a cop stepped onto the street, he waved people by and pointed at me and gestured me to pull over.  When he pulled me over he asked if I knew that it was a school zone at the time and that the speed limit was 25, I played stupid and said that I didn't know.  I asked the officer how fast I was going and he claims that I was going 38 mph.  
I was super upset about the fact that he was going to give me a speeding ticket(my first speeding ticket :( ) for only going over the usual speed limit of 35 by 3 mph.  However, this is an example of The Mark of Irrationality.
Even though I knew I was speeding I didn't agree with the fact that I had gotten a ticket.  

No comments:

Post a Comment